Book Title: TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 6 - Literary & Informational Texts
Publisher: ECS Learning Systems, Inc.
Author: Lori Mammen
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 7 - Literary & Informational Texts
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 5 - Literary & Informational Texts
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 8 - Literary & Informational Texts
- Barron's Core Focus: Grade 6 Test Practice for Common Core
- Common Core Language Arts Workouts, Grade 6: Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, and Language Skills Practice
- Scholastic Success With Reading Tests, Grade 6 (Scholastic Success with Workbooks: Tests Reading)
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 3 - Literary & Informational Texts
- TestSMART® Common Core Close Reading Work Text, Grade 4 - Literary & Informational Texts
- 25 Complex Text Passages to Meet the Common Core: Literature and Informational Texts: Grade 7-8
- Reading Fundamentals: Grade 6: Nonfiction Activities to Build Reading Comprehension Skills (Flash Kids Fundamentals)
This book has more than 275 practice items and activities that help students learn to read and comprehend both literary and informational texts. The custom-developed book provides an easy-to-use tool for teachers and parents to teach the rigorous close reading standards to students.
Each Close Reading Work Text provides open-ended and thought-provoking tasks that develop students' communication, higher-level thinking, and comprehension skills. A complete answer key and help for the teacher or parent can be found in the Teacher Guide Section.
Authentic reading texts for each grade level focus on highly interesting topics and ideas for students. Higher-level vocabulary words are identified and defined in each passage. Each activity identifies its complexity level and the standard that is practiced. Diagrams, illustrations, and graphic organizers in the book support comprehension.
The 160-page TestSMART® Close Reading Work Text includes research-based content that builds higher-level thinking and comprehension skills. The book also contains a master skills list, an explanation of Common Core State Standards for reading, instructional and learning strategies, close reading vocabulary, a comprehensive answer key, a reference list, and much more.