Book Title: Courageous Edventures: Navigating Obstacles to Discover Classroom Innovation (Corwin Teaching Essentials)
Author: Jennie Magiera
Related BooksChart a course to innovation using educational technology.
Let's go on an edventure! Want to leverage digital tools to innovate and take risks in your teaching? Looking for ways to troubleshoot common classroom challenges? Jennie Magiera charts a course for you to discover your own version of innovation, using the limitless possibilities of educational technology. Packed with lesson plans, examples and practical solutions, Courageous Edventures will show you:
- How to make school innovation approachable for all educators
- How to create your own Teacher-IEP (Innovation Exploration Plan) how to use it to guide you through Problem Based Innovation
- Strategies and solutions for tackling common educational technology problems
- Methods for putting learning into the hands of students
- How to find innovation in everyday places
Broken into four sections to scaffold your journey. The chapters are organized to steer each step of your innovation odyssey but also allow you to simply pick up the book, find what you need and dig in.
- Part 1 "Charting Your Course" helps you prepare for a digital transformation
- Part 2 "Navigating Your Problems" leads you through Problem Based Innovation to help you first identify and overcome problems through new digital strategies
- Part 3 "Sailing into the Great Beyond" pushes you further to take bigger risks to transform your practice
- Part 4 "Reflecting on Your Edventure" helps you reflect and share your journey
- Acknowledges the hurdles in the pathway of attempting digital transformation and innovation and provides numerous practical strategies to overcome them
- Breaks down actual classroom problems of practice in the areas of Assessment, Differentiation, Planning and Parent Communication to focus digital transformation in strong classroom instruction and pedagogy.
- Focuses on strategies over tools, but still provides a companion website for step-by-step tutorials, examples of student work and ready-to-use templates